The Ski Area
The GALIBIER-THABOR Ski Area (150km of slopes) brings together Valloire and Valmeinier ski resorts. It refers to two emblematic summits of the region that peak at over 3000m altitude.
The Galibier-Thabor domain in a few figures …
- 150 km of slopes divided into 89 slopes of all levels from 1430 to 2600 meters above sea level
- 1170 m of height difference
- 30 lifts including 2 gondola lifts, 17 chairlifts and 11 skilifts
- 89 tracks : 9 black, 32 red, 30 blue, 18 green
- 70% of the ski area is above 2000m
- Hourly rate ski lifts: 44,500 skiers / hour
- Optimal snowfall from December to April thanks to over 400 snowmakers
- Cultivated snow covers tracks of all levels, from the beginner stage to the world cup track
Our different play areas
- 4 slalom stages and 3 homologated international competition tracks
- 1 evolving Snowpark,
- 1 ski cross,
- The VALKID space Several play areas spread over the estate,
- 1 Chrono zone, Night skiing.
The artificial snow cover, a process 100% natural !
Natural production from water without adjuvant. Thanks to the low temperatures, water droplets propelled into the air turn into flakes. When the snow melts, the artificial snow is also returned to the liquid state and returns to streams and other nature reserves.