The Ski Area
The GALIBIER-THABOR Ski Area (160km of slopes) brings together Valloire and Valmeinier ski resorts
It refers to two emblematic summits of the region that peak at over 3000m altitude.
The Galibier-Thabor domain in a few figures …
- From 1 430 à 2 750 meters above sea level – 1 320 vertical rise
- 29 ski lift of which 2 cable-lift, 17 chair lifts and 10 drag lifts.
- 89 runs : 8 black, 34 red, 30 blue, 17 green.
- 70% of the ski area is above 2000 metres.
- Optimum snow coverfrom december to april thanks to over 400 snow guns.
Our different play areas
- 4 slalom courses et 3 international competition runs
- 1 modular Snowpark,
- 1 ski cross,
- L’Espace VALKID
- Several Easyparks on the ski area
- 1 speed-racing,
- Night-time skiing.
The artificial snow cover, a process 100% natural !
Natural production from water without adjuvant. Thanks to the low temperatures, water droplets propelled into the air turn into flakes. When the snow melts, the artificial snow is also returned to the liquid state and returns to streams and other nature reserves.